Yoga Blog 7

        This previous week we took a class with Jenn Kretzer, who introduced us to Sivananda Yoga. I had never tried Sivananda Yoga before, but it is one I really enjoyed a lot. Jenn teaches at The Yoga Hive in Freehold, New Jersey. The Yoga Hive is actually extremely close to my home town, so I hope to take classes there in the future because I really enjoyed this new yoga form.

        Jenn's class was very enjoyable as she explained how to do different asana postures differently, depending on each person's difficulty and skill level. Sivananda Yoga focuses on breathing, meditation, diet, asana postures, and relaxation. I think my personal favorite part of this yoga style was the focus and repetition of the savasana pose and relaxation because it is always my favorite part during a yoga class. It is when I feel most at peace during my practices.

        I felt this form of yoga really gave me not only a workout, but a calming of body tension. I enjoyed how much this form of yoga focuses on breathing and meditation because sometimes when the yoga practice focuses more on the exercise aspect of the practice, I do not feel as relaxed.  Jenn said Sivananda Yoga has changed her physical and mental health greatly since beginning practicing.  I can honestly say I can't wait to take more classes with Jenn, as Sivananda Yoga might be my favorite yoga form and practice so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yoga Session 2

Yoga Blog 1

Yoga Blog 3